Raymond is always keen to work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver the best outcomes for their mutual patients. Every endeavour will be given to seeing patients promptly, however, feel free to contact Raymond or the rooms directly if there is need to see a patient more urgently. If there are any special needs, please indicate this on the referral. Telehealth consultations are available for suitable patients.
In addition, Raymond is always happy to be contacted by his colleagues for advice regarding diagnosis, treatment or further referral. Raymond is also happy to provide open access endoscopy and colonoscopy as required (please see below).
We prefer our referrals via Argus at firstname.lastname@example.org or Healthlink at viccoloc. Otherwise, referrals can be sent with the patient, via fax on (03) 9509 0812 or directly by post to: Raymond Yap CR Surgery, Suite 20, Cabrini Malvern, Isabella St, Malvern, VIC 3144.
Open Access Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
Raymond welcomes referrals for open access gastroscopy and colonoscopy service where patients can access endoscopy without prior consultation. Please send a referral via the methods above, stating the reason for gastroscopy and/or colonoscopy, and please add the words “open access” to the referral. Patients must not have significant heart or lung disease, diabetes, epilepsy, kidney/liver disease, or be on any antiplatelet or anticoagulant agents except aspirin.
Due to changes in the Medicare Benefits Schedule, for a colonoscopy to attract a Medicare rebate, there must be one of the following indications on the referral:
- A positive faecal occult blood test (FOBT)
- Symptoms consistent with pathology of the colon or rectum (such as PR bleeding, changes in bowel habit, abdominal pain, tenesmus, unexplained weight loss)
- Anaemia or iron deficiency
- Diagnostic imaging showing an abnormality of the colon or rectum
- Moderate or higher risk family of colorectal cancer with at least one of:
- i) one first degree relative under 55 years
- ii) two first degree relatives of any age
- iii) one first degree relative and two second degree relatives of any age
- Previous history of colorectal cancer or adenomatous polyps requiring surveillance
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Known or suspected genetic syndrome (eg. Lynch, HNPCC)
If there is any doubt, please call Raymond or send a referral for a consultation.